Friday, April 17, 2009

Murder,,,,even before she was Born...

Murder..

I was a free spirit,
Pure, virtuous and pious,
Until I learnt about this world,
With racial discrimination and gender bias.

I asked God, why Earth?
HE said I must live a life now,
That will make me realize the profundity
Of Life and Death.

I laughed at the verdict,
And told him I would pass the ‘sentence’ laughing at all,
He then sent me to a womb,
As a FEMALE.

I could feel the happiness in my Mom’s laughter,
My father sounded a little concerned,
My mom assured it was a boy,
I knew I was shunned.

Days passed, then weeks,
My father was readying my mom for the test,
I wondered if they would be happy,
That I am not a boy, but the best.

The reports came,
Alas! It hid nothing,
Its a girl,
Hello, I was your first child, above anything

While I was worrying inside,
I heard they were planning to kill
There were numerous options,
A small operation or a pill.

I heard my Mom cry again and again,
I shivered inside, and dreaded what would happen,
I couldn’t smile, nor laugh my way to death,
In the first instant, my spirits were dampened.



I prayed to God, to let me live,
I pleaded to my father,
No one possibly heard me,
For no one bothered.

A day later, preparations were on,
And my fate decided,
I closed my eyes, and
To heavens I floated……

I was welcomed like an Angel,
But not a twinkle in my eye,
Before I could ever live,
I had to die.

I wanted to ask my father,
How he had married my mom,
If her father had killed her,
Who would have given him a son?

I wished to ask my Mom,
Why she couldn’t fight for me,
How did she let her child murdered?
And still wanted to be called a ‘Mother’….

No comments:

Post a Comment